National Fitness Day – the countdown begins!
We are super excited about National Fitness Day on Wednesday 27th September 2017, especially after it’s official launch last Friday at the ITV This Morning Live event. It’s set to be the most active day of the year – will your school be joining us!? Here’s how you can get involved:
1) #10TEN10 Challenge…
We’ve joined forces with UK Active in the bid to get 10,000 schools active for 10 minutes at 10am on 27th September. Join us, along with 1,000s more schools, via our online platform, for a Celebration Samba at 10am. Here are some ideas on how other schools are getting involved:
- Start the day the active way – do the #10TEN10 challenge in your morning assembly!
- Team up with other schools in your area – head down to your local leisure centre for our mass participation event (don’t forget you’ll need access to a screen and the internet)
- Get in touch with governors, local businesses, parents and friends of the school, and invite them down to take part in the #10TEN10 challenge
2) Active Lessons
Our active lessons can take place at any time throughout National Fitness Day – we’d suggest doing one lesson before lunch and then the mindfulness exercises in the afternoon to help focus the children. Simply login to our platform, play the video and away you go – follow our fun moves and get the class active:
- KS1 – Body Parts and Healthy Food
- KS1 – Mindfulness
- KS2 – Muscle Mania
- KS2 – Mindfulness
3) Celebration Activity
And to top it all off, we’ve got a great workout based activity to end your National Fitness Day celebrations – one school is even planning to get the grown up’s involved! Schedule the activity for home time and it’s perfect timing to get those parents and grandparents active too!
Interested in getting involved?
We will provide all the resources that teachers need for the day. Schools who already have an account with imoves (either a free trial or a full member), will have access to the resources via our online platform. Schools who don’t currently have an imoves account can sign up here. Then all you need to do is:
- Pop the date in the school calendar
- Email email@example.com to confirm you’ll be getting involved and which school you are from
- We’ll keep everyone updated as we get closer to the date
(there’ll be prizes for the schools who impress us the most so don’t forget to post your pictures and videos on Facebook and Twitter)